Saturday, February 25, 2012

#25 #29in29 Baa Baa Black Sheep

You can tell spring is here, it's lambing season.  On Thursday after work I went for a long ride out to Metchosin.  I was thrilled when I saw these cute little woolly lambs.  I am particularly fond of black sheep.  It was hard sneaking up & taking pictures because Scarlet has a rather loud engine noise.  I tried but I ended up scaring the heck of them and the momma sheep were not impressed with me.  One of them let out a very plaintive "Baaaaaaaa" to call her baby baa away from the fence.  I stood for awhile and waited  and let the dust settle.  This little guy could have cared less, I think he is the 'bad ass' lamb who is going to do what he wants, when he wants because he wasn't listening to his mom when she was calling him.

Spring is here!!!!!!

         Still trying to figure out why they have spray painted numbers on them.  








Fuzzy Galore's blog challenge #29in29 #25

7 comments:

kiwi_deb said...

Dar you got out for a nice ride! And they are the counting sheep to sleep sheep! hahaha

Trobairitz said...

I love lambing season. If the first one was being a little rebel, he really was a black sheep, lol.

I am not sure why they number them, they are either counting the new lives or sadly, marking for death. A truly sad reality for such cute little critters.

Unknown said...

Dar:

I'm not too thrilled with the numbers, but it was nice to go out for a ride

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Bluekat said...

Awww-so cute!
Hardly ever see a true black sheep.

Dar said...

Deb - Lol - I thought of that too! We need to go for a long ride soon.

Trobairitz - I love going out watching the little woolly buggers frolick, they are so cute. The little guys at the bottom of the picture weren't too afraid of Scarlett's rumble, the momma wasn't happy though.

Bob - I was struggling with Scarlett a few times when I went down a dirt road, I had to back her up over a tiny grade and she is heavy. So no more going down little dirt laneways.

Bluekat - The little black sheep has the cutest little white tip on his tail. I look baby baa's and wee piggies. I am such a sucker for baby animals.

ToadMama said...

Aw, babies! The numbers are for the anal farmer who likes to keep his counting sheep in order. :-)

Dar said...

ToadMama - too funny, I thought he was numbering them so he knew how many he had.