Saturday, August 6, 2011

Beautiful downtown Tofino

Today we cycled into Tofino and had a snack at the Common Loaf.  It was great homemade pizza with a flax seed crust.  I also had the chance to snoop around and look at the galleries and little shops, and browse all of the cool eclectic goodies they have.  I found an excellent book store Mermaid Tales and it carries a great selection of books, they have a kids corner with kites as well.  It was a gorgeous day in Tofino and my time is starting to run down here and for that I am very sad.  I am glad that I was out on the bicycle today and may have to do that a little more often. Tofino is very bicycle friendly and it is an easy ride in and out.  I have seen  some intrepid cyclists with surf boards strapped to their bikes.  









This is the most amazing little glass blower's gallery, Sol the artist is a really nice fellow and very inviting.  I saw his newest creation and it was breathtakingly stunning.  

9 comments:

Kemi said...

I'm ready to move there permanently!

Thanks for sharing your photos!

Dar said...

Hi Kemi! Hope all is well with you & wee Sam & his brothers & sisters! I love it here and could move here, but you pretty much have to create you own employment. I guess I could give Diva Lessons??....

Trobairitz said...

The pizza looks delish.

When we lived in BC we always heard about the surfing mecca that is Tofino but haven't been there. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Fuzzy said...

Golly, that pizza DOES look delish.

Tofino sure sounds like a charming place. I know its hard to think about your time there coming to a close but try not to be sad. Savor the time you have left. It's the stuff that will fill your daydreams about next time~

thanks for sharing your trip with us.

Dar said...

The pizza is pretty awesome. I have to say though other day I had some homemade mushroom & veg soup. I haven't had soup that good in a long time.

Tofino is the most charming little town, it is very unpretentious and come as you are kind of place. The people here are very friendly. I love coming here & have been doing so since 1990. It has grown quite a bit and is suffering growing pains. If you ever get this way it's an awesome trip on the motorcycle.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Seems likes pleasant oasis. I think I would quite enjoy that place (: wonderful. Did you get any books there? And the pizza looks delish yum! I do enjoy reading this blog, great litle adventures you go on.
Love, Amy

Dar said...

Amy - I didn't purchase a book as of yet, I had loaded my kindle, but there is a book in there I want & a kite or 2. Lol it seems I can never have enough! It is an oasis and there is a soul healing quality to this place, or maybe it is because I just really need vacation by the time I get here. We will be coming back next year.

I am glad that you enjoy my blog. I am going o do some more posts when I get home because the wifi is a little lacking. We are thinking of surfing today.

Turtle said...

Wow!

Looks like a lovely vacation spot
...and so much cooler than here.

Thanks for sharing the pics!

Dar said...
This comment has been removed by the author.