Saturday, January 7, 2012

Scarlett Vixen - First week into the New Year.

Scarlett Vixen



We are week into the New Year and I still haven't ridden the newest edition to my moto family.  Miss Scarlett (Vixen).  Like most I returned to work on Tuesday and hit the ground running.  I haven't really looked back because it has been just too darn busy.  My Christmas tree is still up and that is because today January 7, 2012 is Orthodox Christmas on the Gregorian calendar.  Part of my heritage came from Eastern Europe.  We don't really do anything fussy or prepare elaborate meals - I tried to make cabbage rolls this week and had just mild success.  But Motorcycle Man who is in love with cabbage rolls ate them and said they tasted good.  Bless his little full face helmet!  You know you have someone who loves you because he has eaten what I have cooked from day one and I can say some of the offerings have been less than stellar.  Remind me to tell you about bricksagna one day.  I have been meaning to post a picture of this lovely bottle of wine that Dave who is a friend of mine gave me for Christmas ~ Motorcycle Mama Wine.  He is a graphic artist and came up with this wonderfully unique label and gave it to me for Christmas.  It is from the Darlin Darlene Estate Vineyards.  I just happen to think this is a wonderful gift.  He truly is a talented artist and has given us many memorable hand painted Christmas cards.  




Now if I only looked this hot.......

Motorcycle Man and Scooterpie Jr have been hinting since before Christmas that there was going to be a late present.  I came home on Tuesday and there was a small parcel in the mail that Scooterpie Jr quickly snatched out of the box before I could get it.  When Motorcycle Man came home and we were relaxing in the livingroom. Scooterpie Jr presented me the box.  When I opened it inside was a sterling silver motorcycle charm from my Pandora bracelet.  WOW!!!  It truly was a very Motorcycle Christmas.  It is so cute and looks fabulous with the rest of my wee charms.


7 comments:

RichardM said...

Of course, I just had to google "bricksagna" since you mentioned it in your post and Google returned only a single result, your blog post. I don't think that has ever happened to me! My family didn't have anything to compare my cabbage rolls to so no complaints at all. In act, my son and daughter-inlaw took a bunch home and had it the next morning. Breakfast of champions...

Hope you get to ride your new bike soon, is the old one sold yet?

Trobairitz said...

Bummer you haven't been able to ride Scarlett yet. I am sure the weather and your schedule will allow it soon.

Isn't it nice when hubbies eat what we feed them? Now that's love.

The new charm for the bracelet is way cool.

Dar said...

Richard - I will do a post about Bricksagna. Oh to be newly married and learning cooking skills as you go! Its a good thing my hubby didn't marry me for my culinary skills.

Trobairitz - I know it definitely is love. Its also a good thing that we had a lot of peanut butter in the house and we had many good restaurants within walking distance. I haven't ridden Scarlett as I dealing with the cost of insurance. WOW is all I can say about ICBC and their *ahem* non-competitive rates. For my lovely Miss Scarlett with safe driver's discount it is $900/year. HOLY MOLY!

RichardM said...

$900!!! I has heard that insurance was really high in BC but that is ridiculous. I don't even bother canceling mine for the winter.

Dar said...

Richard - its because there is no competition for them. They don't have to lower them ever, in fact we are going to have a rate increase this year again.

Bluekat said...

I don't think I've ever heard of Orthodox Christmas per the Gregorian calendar - Interesting. I still see trees up in some households, so I wonder if maybe they are also celebrating.

The charm is adorable! And really tiny. I didn't realize that's what I was seeing in the first photo. A very nice Christmas! :)

Dar said...

Bluekat happy new year! That is probably why you are seeing them, or people are using it to chase the winter gloom away. The charm is so cute! I did have a very nice Christmas. I was out shining up my new baby today.