Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Rain, Rain, Go Away!

Today was a crappy commute home from work, what's worse I forgot something at work and had to go all the way back. I was lucky this morning I dodged the rain and didn't have to wear rain gear.

Did I mention I HATE DRIVING IN THE RAIN!!!! I live on the West Wet Coast and a good majority of our winter, spring, fall and summer is spent in the rain. So its April and I am absolutely frozen because of the rain & wind. I have waterproof gear, but you still feel cold from the dampness. What really sucks more is that my helmet kept fogging up and it was either drive with it wide open or try and get it to stay open a crack to get some air circulation. I wasn't breathing heavy like Darth Vader either, it was just a very humid day.

I have another question to ask, "What the hell is wrong with cagers when it rains?" It seems like the stupid car driver gene kicks in and they start driving like idiots on a snow day. There was a doofus in a pick-up behind me when I was coming over the Johnson Street Bridge, which has a metal grated deck. It seemed like he couldn't get his front bumper close enough to the back of my scoot. I tapped the brakes a couple of times to get him to back off & he did once, other than that he tailgated me for about 5 blocks. ARRRRGH! I dunno sometimes, makes me crazy. Just because you drive a big truck doesn't mean you have to be a GOOF! These are the same knobs that end up wiping out when it snows, unfortunately they always seem to take out someone innocent.

I think I am going to save up for some heated gear, if I am this cold in April I can only imagine what its going to be like in December. Brrrrrr. I think I am going to make a cup of hot chocolate and have a bubble bath. Hell I think instead I am going to have a martini and a bubble bath ~ that sounds way better!

No comments: