Saturday, March 30, 2019

Motorcycle anniversary and other assorted loose ends

This is a picture of my first novice class where I was responsible for teaching 10 new students during my practicum.  It was very intense, as a new instructor you are expected to teach the bulk of the curriculum.  It was at times very stressful, other times very fun, and I must say I was extremely happy and relieved when it was over.  I have come quite a way from those early novice classes and enjoy teaching quite a bit.  It was worth all the effort and the rewards of mentoring new motorcyclist is beyond measure and I'm thoroughly grateful to the instructors who mentored me and continue to mentor me.  Hard work really does pay off.

On another note, I kind of lost track of blogging and almost ditched it all because I was having trouble logging in and even posting.  I'm not the most techy person, but in the end it just came down to changing to a more compatible browser. Jeez if only I had figured that out a year ago! So I'm back to blogging! Woot!

I am no longer a part of Farkle Garage and it may be finished as well, tv land is hard and very competitive. It was fun while it lasted and I think I still have some stories to tell, who knows you may see some vlogging and a youtube channel.

5 comments:

RichardM said...

Nice to see that you are posting again. It seems that some think that FB is a replacement but not in my opinion.

SonjaM said...

Hello again, Dar. I believe that for many (at least in my circles) FB is not the option. I deleted my account a while ago and stick to the old fashioned blogging.

Dar said...

Hello Sonja M! Hope all is going well in your neck of the woods!

Dar

Steve Williams said...

Nice scene of new riders. It's a good thing you're doing.

Regarding blogging -- it is a challenge to maintain at times. I've struggled mightily the past few months but am slowly returning to a ritual that makes sense. There is still value for me in blogging after all these years. And as Richard says, Facebook is no substitute.

Best of luck and be safe in the coming riding season!

Lynne Goebeler said...

Glad to hear from you. I'm the same about blogging, but certainly have no schedule! Even for reading...lol.