Monday, May 14, 2018

Upgrade! The journey continues!


I have been teaching since January 2015.  Up until this point I have been teaching just novice sessions in the parking lot.  I generally teach 4 to 5 classes a year and there are 10 students in each class, so that's a lot of new students.  I finally made the decision that I wanted to do more and in the very early spring I did a practicum for the classroom theory session and completed that.  The final step was to do a traffic course practicum which consists of two days of guiding riding with 4 students and an instructor assessor. This past weekend was the date!  It was gloriously sunny and hot and all 4 students passed with flying colours and I am sure whenever they shoulder check they will hear my voice in their minds saying "Shoulder check and scan more!". Here's to happy riding and new students!



The adventure continues!

7 comments:

Andrew Thomson said...

Nice one! Don't watch my videos too closely - I'd hate you to pull me up on my poor riding...

Shybiker said...

Yay, Dar! It's important and rewarding to pursue our dreams, one step at a time. You're on the path to bliss!

redlegsrides said...

Congrats!

Lynne Goebeler said...

Congrats to you, Dar! That's very cool!

Trobairitz said...

Congrats Dar on becoming a full spectrum instructor. I hope you enjoy classroom teaching as much as Brad does.

ToadMama said...

Congratulations!!! I love the pic with the redacting emojis. :-)

Deb said...

You are just amazing! Congrats on your new gig!