Sunday, July 14, 2013

I love where I live

Today was a stunningly beautiful summer day on Vancouver island, sunny, a little breezy and one begging for a motorcycle ride.  
 Motorcycle Man and I headed out on the bikes with no particular destination in mind, just a lovely Sunday moto ramble.  My good friend Cindy decided to come along and it was nice to have company. It was an easy going relaxed pace and we were enjoying the scenic splendour of Vancouver Island.  It is truly breathtaking.  

We ended up chasing down some twisties through East Sooke, I was too busy riding to stop and take pictures. (grins) We stopped for a bite of pie and a cool drink at Mom's Cafe, which is a favourite stop of ours.   It was strawberry rhubarb to be exact and again I didn't take any pics because I was voraciously comsuming it because I was starving. After that we rode out to gorgeous Jordan River.  


We puttered around and went for a beach ramble.  The great thing about Vancouver Island is even in the dead of summer you aren't really sweltering because it can be chilly by the ocean, I was very glad I wore my full gear and not the mesh, I was happily contented.  

Lovely little cabin on the beach and the fence had beautiful pictures painted on them.

The Island has a raw beauty and it catches your breath when you suddenly realize how lucky you are to live here and that the place you live is a chosen vacation destination for many.  We take so many things for granted here.  




These boots are made for riding and that's just what they'll do....Ready Boots - Get Riding!

11 comments:

VStar Lady said...

Sounds like a perfect day - and pie too!

Roger said...

Lovely to see you out and about.

RichardM said...

It looks like a beautiful location. Too many times have I just "passed through" British Columbia on my way to somewhere else. And I haven't been to Vancouver Island since 1973. Maybe it's about time for another visit…

Dar said...

It was strawberry rhubarb pie with ice cream!

Dar said...

I have been patiently waiting for this weather for so long & the hub to have his insurance and it was a perfect day!

Dar said...

Richard you really should come and tootle around the island it's lovely.

Andrew Thomson said...

So the sun is out somewhere eh? Freezing here!

Glad to see someone out chasing those twisties!

Trobairitz said...

Oooh sunshine and ride on the island. Perfect temperatures too. Better than the 90's we've been seeing.

Strawberry rhubarb - my favorite!!

Tripping Sister! said...

Looks like a nice ride, Dar.
the picture that you posted looked like someone had been using it for target practice...ha. BUt it was still pretty....:-)

WooleyBugger said...

Oh sure, rub it in will you.
Lovely area plus enjoy the pictures on the fence.

Martha said...

It is a beautiful place. It's a luxury to be so content!