Monday, April 24, 2017

Meeting up with David Masse Life on 2 Wheels moto/vlogger

(Photo credit David Masse - photos are the property of David Masse)
 
Blogging is an interesting thing, its almost like putting a note in a bottle and tossing it into the digital ocean and not knowing if anyone will ever read or respond to it.  For Most of us, when we first start blogging you kind of feel alone in the digital universe and then you start following other like-minded blogs.  After several years of following, reading and commenting, you start to feel a kinship with your fellow bloggers. It is funny how the internet draws you into creating friendships with people you have never physically met, its almost like having an electronic pen pal.
 
(Photo credit David Masse - photos are the property of David Masse)

I have been following David Masse's blog since I started riding and blogging in 2011.  David rides a beautiful Vespa and shares a Honda Shadow with another blogger Sonja.  David's original blog was the Scoot Commute, a Montreal based lawyer scooting his way to and from work and epic scooter travel adventures.  David is a very adventurous blogger and has recently started a great video blog.  Check out his current blog here.  Life on Two Wheels 

I have been fortunate to link up with a few of the bloggers that I follow and in each case, it has been the first time we have met and it feels like we have known each other for years.  This has at times left my family a little worried, because I am off meeting someone who I really don't know and I caution my daughter not to do this, and of course it is a case of "Do as I say, Not as I do" and she has called me on that and I am still hearing about it. 
 
(Photo credit David Masse - photos are the property of David Masse )

About a week before Easter I received and email from David that he, his wife, son and daughter-in-law would be in Victoria for the long weekend and would be delighted if we could meet for coffee.  I was so excited and it was such a pleasure to meet David, Susan, Andrew and Anoushka.  We had a lovely time at coffee and then met them for a lovely dinner at a local eatery, my daughter tagged along which was a bonus. 

PS: David hope you don't mind, but I pinched a few pictures off your blog, its hard finding a picture of you on your scooter and bike, like most bloggers we usually just take pics of our scoots on our adventures. 

*Photos in this post are not to be copied without permission of David Masse

11 comments:

Conchscooter said...

David and Susan are great fun. Higher praise I cannot give.

RichardM said...

Looks like a great meetup.

Shybiker said...

How great! Meeting fellow-bloggers in person adds dimension to our friendships. Good for you to make it happen.

Dar said...

shybiker - Hopefully we will have a chance to meet some day! Love the vintage ties the other day.

SonjaM said...

Nicely put, Dar. We have all thrown virtual bottles into the digital ocean, hoping to get a response some day. Getting to meet the person behind a blog is a fun thing, and often quite rewarding.

David Masse said...

Dar we had a great time in Victoria and I am so glad we got to meet and have a chat and a meal.

Borrowing those photos is perfectly fine. I should add, perfectly fine when the borrower is a fellow blogger and the borrowing is acknowledged, I mention that just because the entire internet is potentially reading this and there are trolls galore lurking in the shadows.

David Masse said...

Michael (Conchscooter) that's very high praise.

Trobairitz said...

Awesome. I love reading of blogger meet ups.

I know we had a great time with you two when we were in Victoria.

Steve Williams said...

David produced a great interview with you Dar. I didn't realize how expansive your moto-celebrity had expanded! A back-up band!

I completely understand your description of being alone in the digital universe and how connections slowly emerge if you keep blogging long enough. Took me a couple years before I felt I wasn't talking to myself and the dog...

And keep telling your daughter not to hook up with people she meets on the internet. That door doesn't open until she's at least 35, has a motorcycle license, a successful blog, a scooter or motorcycle of her own, and a job with health insurance. Only then can she walk through that door. She's calling you on it now because she's probably never read the fine print...

Lynne Goebeler said...

How fun to meet fellow bloggers in person! I too hope to do that someday!

ToadMama said...

So cool! I'm very late reading this, of course. I keep saying I'll get better, but I have yet to figure out the perfect tool for reading and commenting.