Sunday, June 5, 2016

Lazy Sunday morning reflections

It is Sunday morning and its a stunning summer day, we are destined for 28c today.  It was unusually quiet in the neighbourhood and it felt like morning just meant for sleeping in, catching up on blogs and drinking coffee in bed.  It was a morning to relish, I haven't had many of these in the last few months because I have been busy with the advent of motorcycle training season. 

My hubby has made coffee and brought me a cup of the demon bean into the bedroom, which is an enticement for me to continue in my slothy state, at least for a few minutes anyway. I am listening to the easy happy chatter going on between my husband and daughter in the livingroom, broken by occasional giggles. We don't often have time together these days, it is rare in fact that we are all off work at the same time.  So I lay here listening to the exchange between them and it is one filled of love and I don't interrupt and let them have this glorious few moments of father/daughter time, it feels like a treasure was given to me.  Life is moving fast, my daughter is approaching 19 and on the brink of adulthood, but still wanting to keep a foot in childhood where things were less complicated. Thoughts of next steps, working, and education are in the atmosphere, there is indecision and a little angst about making life choices at 19, but I have suggested that life paths can change, we are not always anchored to the idea of what we thought we are or should be, my life is one full of change and diversity.  She will find her path and may even have to reinevent a few times in her life because our world is always changing at a fast pace.

For now though I am going to enjoy my cup of coffee and think about what I an going to do with this glorious day! 

6 comments:

Shybiker said...

The thoughts that cross the mind of a healthy, happy parent at an important stage of life. Thanks for sharing!

Trobairitz said...

I am glad you had a nice relaxing morning.

Life isn't always as we planned but sometimes those can have the best results.

David Masse said...

Haven't had one of those in a long long time.

Good for you, you deserve it.

Deb said...

I love days like this. I try to reserve Sundays for such with the exception of doing laundry and scooter rides. Those are therapy for my soul.

Lynne Goebeler said...

What a lovely morning, and post! It's so refreshing to see parenting that is wise and not dictatorial.

Lynne Goebeler said...

What a lovely morning, and post! It's so refreshing to see parenting that is wise and not dictatorial.