Saturday, July 20, 2013

Pacific Marine Circle Route - Means TWISTIES baby!



The beginning of the adventure.

Today was a moto adventure day.  I was out the door by 8:00am and meeting up with a moto mama friend Cindy.  We were doing 'The Loop'.  The weather forecast looked promising with sun and 70 degree temps.
Cindy and I waiting to see if anyone was going to tag along.  When we pulled up there were beautiful vintage cars parked at a local restaurant.  I couldn't resist snapping some pics.




We waited for a bit but it turned out it was just the two of us which was awesome, we always have a ton of fun together.  So off we went.  It takes about 5-6 hours to do the Loop.  It is out in the boonies and there are very few services along the way.  Here is the Loop map.




Our first stop was Sooke.  As we were approaching you could see a heavy layer of marine fog/cloud.  It can also be very chilly on this side of the island, my mesh jacket wasn't cutting it, thank goodness I brought layers.

Next stop Jordan River, this is the beginning of the Loop and wicked twisties.

There are several one lane bridges and it is twisty paradise!  The switchbacks are awesome and challenging.  This is a route in which you follow the road signs and posted speed.  It is pretty isolated and there is no cell service, so if you get into trouble you have to wait until someone comes along to help.  Its also an active logging area, so you have to be vigilant and attentive to your surroundings.


The weather in the morning was cold, misty, and foggy. BRRRRR!



Moto posers........
This is the bridge over Fairy Creek. This is just the beginning......  T W I S T I E S!!!!!!!

10 comments:

Martha said...

Beautiful, beautiful. And I can just feel that damp cold...nooooo......

I do believe you had that whole ride to yourselves!

Deb said...

Yep, the days we live for!

A chance to get out on the back roads and wander about and soak in the beauty of nature and the fascinating views!

Your excitement is contagious!

Beautiful scenery!

Coop a.k.a. Coopdway said...

I see two, very happy riders in some beautiful country and pretty sure I understand that "very happy" part.

Tripping Sister! said...

Love the vintage cars...and your ride looks like it was a lot of fun. Unfortunately for me, I don't yet have the stamina to ride 6 hours in one day. But hooray for those who can, says I..!!

Dar said...

Ed unfortunately no switchback pics I was too busy riding them, need to get the GoPro mounted and running. Next time you come out we should ride the loop.

Dar said...

It was an awesome day particularly when the sun came out. We went really early so there wasn't much traffic.

Dar said...

Deb I know why you love the back roads so much they are beautiful. The scenery was unbelievable and I still can't get over that I am lucky enough to live here.

Dar said...

Coop my heart was singing from this ride and I was exhausted and happy when I got home :) love that kind of tired!

Dar said...

Patricia it's all about working up to it. I am tired and achey today, but it was worth it!

Trobairitz said...

It looks so pretty and lush through there, but that fog looks so cold and winter like