Tuesday, January 1, 2013

I survived a party with Fifteen 15 year olds

Happy New Year! It was a happening place at Scooterpie house. My daughter had a New Year's Eve party. A group of her friends came, they brought goodies and were ready for fun. Rockband & stereo was blaring at various points and large quantities of junk food was consumed. Everyone had a blast and we rang in the New Year old school with noisemakers and clanging pots. We also follow the Scottish tradition of a dark haired person crossing the threshold of our house carrying shortbread. This is supposed to bring good luck and the house is blessed with prosperity. See Hogmanay traditions.

The kids were awesome and had a great time. When I was cleaning up after the sleepover portion I always find random stuff and today was no different. Half eaten cookies, wrappers, assorted chips & crackers, socks, hair accessories, sleeping bag foamy, and coat.

The weirdest find was the piece of paper that said 'Judgement Is Coming' - hmmmm makes me wonder, but I know I survived the teenage New Years apocalypse party.

Hope you all had a great New Years!


10 comments:

Deb said...

OMG! Like, was it cool, or like, WHAT? LOL

Sounds like you ladies had a blast!

Happy New Year to you and yours!

RichardM said...

Pretty weird collection of leftovers. You are braver than I...

Interesting tradition. Is the selection of the individual random?

Troubadour said...

You have much more patience than I.

And like... Deb like... beat me to it.

Happy New Year!

Dar said...

It was awesome having the kids over. They are a good group of respectful kids, so it s pretty joyous. Happy New Year Deb!

Dar said...

They are afraid of me, because I ride a bike, I will cultivate this persona a little more, fear s a good & healthy in a young'un. Usually Hogmanay tradition is a dark haired person bringing a gift of charcoal for the fire so the house is blessed with warmth or shortbread for the gift of food. It is unlucky for the person entering not to bing a gift. We also make noise by bangn a pot or ringing a bell, that is to scare off evil spirits or sothe legend goes.

Dar said...

Happy New Year! There is method to my madness, by having them all over I can keep track of what's up. I would rather have them at home where I can keep an eye on them 👀

Brenda said...

Well done Dar, when I saw the title of this post I knew I just had to come and congratulate you for surviving!!

Hope the rest of your year is just as much fun :D

Shybiker said...

I'm willing to do many dangerous things, but attending a party with 15 year olds isn't one of them: that's too scary! Happy New Year.

Trobairitz said...

I don't think I could have handled a house full of teenage girls when I was a teenage girl.

You are brave indeed Dar and lived to tell the tale.

Pam said...

What a brave women you are!! I'm sure they'll be stories for years to come about ringing in 2013 at your home. Happy New Year friend!