Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Farewell to my first bike love - Miss Lucy

                                                     I  LOVE  LUCY!!!!

Last night I sold my first bike - Lucy.  Motorcycle Man bought her last October for me so I would have a bike to practice with and ride (this was because he didn't want me hurting his bike Monster).  We were out in the practice parking lot and I almost dumped poor Monster when trying to do a quick stop.  That was the last time in my learning phase that I rode Monster.  We had been looking at plenty of bikes and I knew she was mine the moment I sat on her.  Thank you Lucy for being so forgiving and being my first bike!  I will miss her, but she doesn't live that far from me, so Scarlet and I can visit from time to time.


 We were getting Lucy ready to go to her new home and riding partner.  Both Motorcycle Man and I felt a little sad, but are happy she is going to somewhere she will be loved and ridden.

              Was that a moto tear I just saw fall? 
 Motorcycle Man had to drive Lucy over to her new home because I twisted my ankle on Monday morning and was having trouble walking and couldn't get my motorcycle boot on.  This is probably a good thing because it was my 'landing' foot.  So it was kind of sad for me not being able to have a goodbye ride.
 This Lucy's new riding partner.  Don't they look perfect together?  They look like they were made for each other.  Lucy you be a good girl now and behave for your new friend. 

16 comments:

Keith - Circle Blue said...

Sad. Hopefully, lots more miles for Lucy. That would be a good thing. I still think of my first scooter. Sadly, I know the owner and he doesn't ride Lil'Blue at all. He just sits in the back yard with a cover on. It looks like Lucy will have a much better fate.
~k

SonjaM said...

Selling a bike is always sad, but what would it be good for when it isn't being put on the road. Congrats to the new owner. She'll get a gem.

Dar said...

I feel good that Lucy is up and running, it's unfair for her to sit in the garage, she gets pouty if we don't play.

Unknown said...

Dar:

I feel so sorry for you and your hobbling around with your sprained/twisted ankle. Just follow your own advice, and you will be as good as new soon.

Looks like Lucy will be exercised often with her new master.

bob
Riding the Wet Coast

Trobairitz said...

Congrats on the sale. The smile on the new owners face should make the loss easier to bear.

Hope your ankle heals quick.

Bluekat said...

It's always sad selling a beloved bike. It sounds like she was a good starter bike for you and now will be a great new bike for another new rider. It's good to know she'll be out on the road bring joy to another new rider. :)

Dar said...

Bob - Thanks - it was a weird freak trip accident on Monday morning. I am happy that Lucy has a new home, a bike needs to be ridden, not stored.

Trobairitz - She was so happy, such a big smile! I am glad she will love Lucy.

Bluekat - I thought she was a great starter bike too. Very easy to ride and she made my love of 2 wheels become stronger. The new owner is awesome she will be happy with Lucy.

BeemerGirl said...

I'm sorry for you that she is moving on. But at least you have some great memories.

I was more than happy to see my first motorcycle go. Unfortunately I blame her of her previous owners negligence.

Hopefully you will get to see her out and about every so often.

RichardM said...

But now you need to start looking for another "spare"...

VStar Lady said...

Such a sad, but cute story ... here's to the new rider. Is Lucy her first bike?

Dar said...

Beemergirl - I am actually happy she has found a new home, she will be ridden a lot & that's great. Sorry to hear about your first bike not being what you hoped.

Richard - lol I can always ride my hub's bike and I have my scoot too, so I have an heir and a spare.

Vstar lady - yup Lucy is her 1st. I have some great memories of her and I can go visit.

BeemerGirl said...

Hi Dar! No worries on my first. She managed to teach me more in three months than most have to experience that early when learning to ride. And it got me closer to my bestest bike that much faster. Oh yeah!!

Dar said...

I have been a very lucky girl this past year, my hubs bought me a scooter, Lucy and then Scarlet.

Clare Westby said...

There’s a saying that goes, “You never forget your first,” and I’m pretty sure it was coined for moments like this one! I can totally relate with the sadness of giving your first bike away, and I totally understand why you were so sad! Riding motorbikes isn’t an easy thing to learn, so the first bike that you learn with becomes your partner. It kept you safe, taught you new things, gave you new experiences. The learning process is something you share with the bike. I do hope that your next bike will be as good to you as Lucy was!

Dar said...

Clare - I loved that bike and it was an awesome easy to ride beginner bike. I am finding the more I ride the more fluid it is getting and I thoroughly enjoy hanging out with my girl friends that ride and we go all over. Love riding, I have even tried MotoX and like that too. Need to try some off road and supermoto to make my riding experience complete.

Hannah Parkin said...

Like Clare, I can totally relate with the sadness of giving away your first ever motorbike. Anything that is an instrument for many firsts will always be significant. I’m glad to hear that you’re taking to your new bike, though! I hope you get to do your off-road riding soon! I’d love to read all about it.