Sunday, December 11, 2011
5 local road trips and dream trip challenge
I am already dreaming of the 2012 motorcycle season and where I will go. Being a new rider I think I am going to stick close to home and 2012 will be about logging miles and getting road/highway experience before we go on a really big adventure. My challenge to all of you is 1) List at least 5 places in YOUR own country that you want to visit 2) If you could go anywhere in the world on your motorcycle or scooter where would it be? You can have as many dream trips as you want. Please link back to me so I can see your choices.
1) Over the Malahat Highway Trans Canada #1 to Parksville. - This may not seem significant to most, but it would be my first foray on a major highway over a mountain. Its all about baby steps.
2) During the summer I want to Motorcycle to Tofino. If you have never been to Tofino you are missing the wild West Coast at its best. The roads are sharp and twisty through here and you may be tempted to speed, but you really have to stick to the speed limits that are posted. The roads are sharp and steep with very little margin for error because the road is very narrow and a lot of it is cliffside.
3) I would like to do the Port Renfrew loop - its a good day trip and very scenic.
4) Next adventure would to be up the Sea to Sky highway and onto Whistler.
5) My biggest dream trip would be to go across Canada on my motorcycle and get out to the Maritime Provinces. I want to see my country and what better way to do it than by motorcycle. This trip is going to have to wait a bit though because I need more experience.
1) Now for the Anywhere in the world trip I think I would like to go across Europe. Its funny as a Canadian I somehow think everything is different over there and wonder about the trees and scenery. When I look at a fellow twitterer's tweet pictures from Norway it looks just like home and very green. So much for preconceived ideas.
2) The most attainable road trip for me will be down the Oregon Coast and to California. We went down the Coast quite a few years ago and it was spectacular and I can only imagine how fabulous it would be on two wheels.
3) I think I might even like to go through South America, I am really not much of a heat person so I may have to rethink this.
Please tell me where your two wheels may take you in the coming year, link your posts back to Scooterpie so I can see how adventurous you are!